Friday, August 22, 2008

That was fast

The packers came by today. They were supposed to start today and finish up on Monday and then the movers would haul it all away on Tuesday.

But Bob, Peggy, Jill, and Old Guy were seriously motivated and finished packing our entire house in less than 6 hours. EVEN THE T.V.

When we realized that we wouldn't have the weekend to leisurely pick out things to travel with and what food to eat we, uh, managed to save a few plastic spoons. Bob was too quick in packing the paper plates. And the spoons are really for Chopsley since she gets her medicine in a spoonful of peanut butter every morning. Yes, I saved her peanut butter, too. And Caleb grabbed a sack of Swedish Fish, so we have that. But we don't have anything to eat with or eat on. The concept of planning isn't exactly our strong suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like our new cardboard decor.

Sydney said...

It was probably smart that you didn't plan ahead- I used the bathtub to stuff all the things that I would need/want and by the time I was done "planning ahead" we had to rent a uhaul and we had our Envoy full (with things on top) and my parents big truck!

Now I'm whining because I don't have anywhere to put all the things I thought I'd need....

Good save on the swedish fish, that's an important one!