Monday, October 6, 2008

Whew

Well, we're all moved in! The movers left Friday afternoon and as of last night 99.9% of the boxes in the house are unpacked. We still need to to the garage, but one car fits in there so that's promising.

This weekend my parents will bring down Gus so he can see the new place. He's been living the good life at his granparent's house and will be mightily disappointed when he discovers we do not have stairs. He loves stairs. Loves to destroy them. I'm expecting a bill from my dad for damages done to the carpet on their stairs.

Today Maddy and I get to harass the plumber while he installs a reverse osmosis water filter under the kitchen sink as well as a new garbage disposal and gives us an estimate to run a gas line into the kitchen so I can hopefully get a gas cooktop. Sounds fun AND expensive!

Now I need to figure out a good day to brew some beer! My goal is to get 3 batches done this month and let them age til I can enjoy them in the spring. I'm thinking a vanilla oatmeal stout, a nice red ale called Fire in the Hole, and a chocolate hazelnut porter. mmm, can't wait til spring!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Whoo hoo!! Glad you're all moved in. The Vanilla Oatmeal Stout sounds yummy...and I don't even like beer!

Sydney said...

Whew is right.....yeah for another post!

I'm totally impressed that 99.9% of the boxes are unpacked. Go superwoman!

Glad you're getting settled!