Thursday, May 28, 2009

The bathroom project

We finally got around to stripping the wallpaper off the master bathroom.
And by "we" I mean I put in a few hours got bored and let Caleb finish it.


Apparently the paper was applied directly to the drywall. That makes removal FUN. See the brown patches on the wall? That's where the drywall got ripped off too. Looks like the next steps are to get the drywall patched up or something, then primer?, then fresh paint. It's not my project so I'll just wait and see.

I got tired of taking pictures of the walls and moved onto cuter subjects.


After the walls are taken care of the bathroom carpet must go. Who puts carpet in a bathroom? It seems to be an Oklahoma thing but I'd rather not have carpet in the dampest room of the house. Call me crazy.



Oh, by the way, sorry about the annoying text on the pictures. I'm a little paranoid about having the kids' pics out there for anybody to take. If you want an untainted copy just ask me and I'll send it to you.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

"I just miss Maddie" is what Gibson just said when he saw this picture.

My parents have carpet in one of their bathrooms and i've always hated it! Between that and carpet in a dining room {remember my home in Mtn. Home} there's a few things I'll never get.

I love the annoying text on the pictures. I'm paranoid too and too lazy to create a watermark so I just went private!

BTW, Camelback Duathalon is this Saturday, in honor of it, I may dust off my running shoes and maybe, just maybe use them.

gillian said...

I thought about asking you to do a 2nd annual duathlon, but then I ate an oatmeal cream pie and forgot all about it.