Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School, finally

School starts on Thursday! Weird to only have one day, but whatever, I'll take it. Swim lessons started yesterday and Maddy did great - the coach had them swimming the width of the pool (they wear a floaty belt) and she was worn out! And soccer practice starts soon! Lazy, boring days are over! I'm excited!


Caleb left last week for his deployment and we expect to see him back home in January. It seems to be his standard timeframe - August to January. My opinion? Worst AEF cycle ever because he misses out on summer vacation fun because he has to get ready to leave in the fall. It's the 4th time he's had this cycle, so we are pretty used to it.
And, no, I don't think there is ever a great time to deploy, I just bitch about what I know.

Chopsley got her TPLO surgery on August 14th. Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy. Her meniscus was torn and cruciate ligament popped, time for a new knee. So they sawed off the top of her tibia and attached a steel plate with 4 screws to it.

Some people, ok, a LOT of people have said to just buy a new dog. Well, there's your problem - don't buy dogs there's plenty of free ones who need homes! This dog is part of the family (our furry, 'tarded daughter, if you will) and we have expected this surgery for a couple of years. I don't have a cap on how much I'd spend on her. The cat on the other hand...
She is supposed to be on a leash or in her kennel the first 8 weeks. Then on October 9th I can take her for a 5-minute walk and gradually build up from there. In December she will be able to play with other dogs. She still wants to kill the UPS guy and gets overly excited when we come home, but she is getting better every day and will be better than new in just, ah, yeah, 13 short weeks. Wow, we love this dog.

Hank is practically crawling and is so incredibly busy these days I hardly have time to waste on the computer. He loves to type and I have to give him my phone or the remote to keep him happy. Well, yes, he has toys but he doesn't want them. What's mine is his.
gotta go!

No comments: