Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Going under the knife

Ok, so more of the laser than a knife, but still... I'm finally getting LASIK! On the 20th of March, which is a little quicker than I anticipated since my appointment to see if I was eligible was two days ago. I nabbed the 20th for surgery because we're going to Seattle on the 24th and I don't want to be in shitty weather with my glasses on. That's a good enough reason, I think.

Hopefully it all goes well and I come out with 20/20. I just want to be able to see the alarm clock in the morning without having to squint.

Ever heard of punctal plugs? Sound dirty, don't they? I'm getting those installed too. To help with dry eyes the doctor inserts a silicone "plug" (looks like a tiny blue thread) into my lower tear duct. Tears can come out but won't drain away.

So that's this month's excitement. Aside from the Seattle trip, that is. New Orleans is next month!!!

No comments: