On the 2nd Hank got diagnosed with RSV (respiratory virus that infects the lungs and breathing passages). That meant 5 doctor appointments in 10 days. He got a nebulizer to administer Albuterol which helped him breathe and all the congestion somehow caused a slight ear infection so he got Amoxicillin as well. Every 4 hours we would nebulize him, shoot saline up his nose to suction out as much snot as we could, I'd nurse him, Caleb burped him and changed his diaper. Take a quick nap and repeat. Nobody slept much and I'm glad he's doing much, much better. We're just down to the Amoxicillin now and that's only twice a day, whew.

On the 5th Gina took Madeline out to the mall. Caleb and I were supposed to go out but Hank wasn't doing all that well and we were exhausted so we just stayed in and enjoyed the quiet. Maddy was so excited to get some Gina time - they ate at Sonic and then went to Build-a-Bear. Maddy chose a monkey and named it Karen.

On the 7th was our 5th wedding anniversary so we took the kids out to a local pub we'd been dying to try. Hank was still sick, so he slept the entire time and Maddy brought her Leapster2 which means Caleb and I could actually have a conversation. Great food and beer, we'll be going back to McNellie's someday soon!
On the 10th I was getting ready to go pick Maddy up from school when I heard the tornado sirens. Great. I listened to the radio on the way to her school and there was a tornado headed our way. Traffic was crazy because school was letting out and the buses weren't running due to the tornado warnings, so parents were going to pick up their kids. Maddy's class had gone across the street to their church's basement and Maddy's teachers offered to let me stay til the storm passed. But I had Chopsley in the car (doesn't everyone take their dog on errands?) so we headed back home. Of course the power was out so I couldn't open the garage. I don't have a house key either - when we closed on the house we got a pile of keys and never got around to sorting them out. Bummer. What do you do when your kids and dog are in the car and a tornado is headed your way? I chose to bust out the guest bedroom window with a tire iron. Not fun, I was kicking myself for not staying at Maddy's school's basement, I'm sure they would've let Chopsley in if I'd asked. Damn. So, the window is smashed and I get everybody inside and we hang out in the closet and play "camp out". Caleb made it home and got the cars in the garage right as it started hailing. The main tornado had passed by - it hit a mile south of us and several houses on our street had wind damage - missing shingles and one roof got impaled by a trampoline leg! We had no damage, other than the window I broke. Good times in Oklahoma!
On the 14th was Valentine's Day. This was a nice quiet day - Maddy got goodies from my parents and some Twizzlers from us! She had a picnic for her new friends.
Caleb and I don't observe this Hallmark holiday, that's why we got married a week before, but it's fun to see Maddy get all excited and hopped up on sugar. She did pick something out for me from her favorite store, Walgreens.
Maddy's birthday is on the 24th which happens to be Mardi Gras this year! Guess what her theme is? I'll post pics or something when that rolls around.
2 comments:
dang, I thought my life was crazy. you totally beat me :) hope the rest of this month chills out for you!!!!
I'm glad Henry is doing better and that the tornadoes left you with no real damage. You did what I would've done with the window...might be a good time to sort out the keys though... :). Tell Gina I said hello!! :)
Post a Comment