Monday, April 20, 2009

Another week, another post...

While Caleb was still working on his tan in Barbados his mom came to visit for a few days. She hadn't seen Hank yet so she was dying to come up. It worked out really well because there were a few things I needed to get out and do and I'm glad she was able to babysit for me.

Hank with his new tool set from his Great-Grandpa Henry. Yep, it's real, but he figures he'll never see his great-grandson use tools and wanted to be the first to give him some. And he made the nameplate "Hank" so we don't forget who it belongs to!

I got to go the the Wing Auction on base which was a lot of fun. It's an annual shindig put on by the Spouse's Group to raise money for scholarships and other fun things. There was a silent as well as a live auction done by a real auctioneer named Delbert. I got a couple of good baskets. One had a bunch of tickets for a family day in Bricktown and the other was cooking themed, including the cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" by Jerry Seinfeld's wife to teach me all kinds of tricks to hide vegetables in everyday cooking. It was nice to get out and spend money on things I didn't need, but it was for a good cause so I'm ok with that!

Lately I've been going a little nutty while housebound with both kids (spring weather has not been kind to us!) so I decided to go back to work part-time. Very part-time. Like 6 or maybe 7 hours a week. There's an Elements Massage place very close by and I talked to the owner and she offered me a job! I'm pretty rusty (I first got certified nearly 5 years ago and I've only worked on Caleb and a few friends since then) but I'll practice on my co-workers a couple times then I'll be let loose on the general public. I'm pretty excited to make a few bucks AND get out of the house.

Granny Bonnie let Maddy use her camera. Here's some of Maddy's work:


playground


self-portrait

Caleb got back late last night and he brought back some Mount Gay rum as well as a bottle of rum punch for me! Today he took Maddy to gymnastics, school, and the grocery store while I sat on the recliner with Hank. Ah! A great day indeed!

Hank has the final say on this blog post.




1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the spit-up! It was perfect timing. Well done, Gil! :)