While Caleb is frolicking on an island somewhere in the Caribbean the rest of us enjoyed the Oklahoma spring weather. Easter was a delight! It was 50 degrees, windy, and rainy all day.
Maddy put her Dora umbrella to good use and went out back to jump in all the mud puddles.
They're a little fuzzy, I was holding Hank and he's pretty wiggly.
After about a half hour of getting soaked and muddy she was freezing and ready for a warm bath. I put Hank in with her and got him cleaned up too. He LOVES baths and especially liked sharing the tub with his big sister.
Sufficiently warmed, she hopped around the kitchen as the Easter Bunny while I heated up hot dogs for dinner. Nothing but the best for us!
We had a good time all day. Maddy hunted eggs inside, we made blueberry muffins, watched the "The Deadliest Catch" marathon, ate tons of candy, and I got Maddy's bookcase assembled - there were a crazy amount of dowels, screws, and nails involved, but I managed to get it done while Hank napped. It hasn't fallen apart yet so I call it a success. And I got to talk to Caleb twice via Skype (free!) which was pretty neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment