Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween & Random Things

Maddy: Hey, Mom! ...
Me: Hay is for horses.
Maddy: Hay is for YOUR MOM. 
Me: ...


Blogger.com shows me stats of how many people look at my wonderful blog. It's interesting, especially the keyword search someone used & stumbled onto this site: "3 year old with overbite"  Love it! 


When we moved back to Oklahoma from Idaho we kept our Idaho license plates. They're fun! They feature a baked potato with a pat of butter, how awesome is that? Idaho has a new law that says unless we are Idaho residents we cannot renew our plates. We are not Idaho residents. We are Florida residents. So we had to get Oklahoma license plates. Now I feel ordinary. 


Whilst enjoying luncheon at the Gumbo Shop in the French Quarter who should sit next to us but Michael Clarke Duncan & his lovely escort, Omarosa? It took us the rest of the day to figure out the names, but a few Google searches that evening revealed that it was them. Hank offered them his pickle spear. 


Halloween was Sunday. Us Okies don't trick-or-treat on the Sabbath, so Saturday night was when we got in our sugar fix.  Chopsley & Jed went along too. Jed didn't have a costume, but Chopsley strutted around in her cowgirl outfit. She wore the same thing in 2007 & 2008 (click that, proof!), but she never gets tired of it. 
Maddy was a mermaid. Then Caleb took her to the Halloween store for mermaid accoutrements & she returned with red hair spray & red fake lashes. It was an interesting look, but it worked. Hank got Maddy's old purple dragon outfit. He enjoyed himself, especially once he realized that strangers were giving him candy! 



4 comments:

Karen said...

Hmm. Didn't realize you changed license plates. Now I will not recognize your car when I see you out and about.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian.

Great blog! I especially enjoy the mommy observations - the same scenarios I have seem so very much funnier when u describe them :)

Thanks for sharing your talent for writing!

Sincerely,
Cheri (Pharies) Poe

Amanda said...

HA! Laughed when I read the "Your mom" comment from Maddy. I can see Saoirse being as witty someday... That's a bummer about your Idaho plates. The baked potato plates are pretty special. I sort of wish we'd gone with those instead of the 1A REALLY ordinary plates. Oh well. I also love the kids' costumes - Maddy looks great as does Hank in his dragon costume! :)

Patti said...

Know what you mean about ordinary car tags; we went from cool Nevada plates to even cooler CD plates in the Netherlands, and now we have Kansas plates, boring. We will never be ordinary or boring, however, because, as YOUR MOM I have hay. Maddy said so.