Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year!

What a year 2010 was! 
We stayed busy with traveling, swim lessons, theater classes, & school. The biggest & best thing of the year was our decision to foster Labradors through a group called Heartland Lab Rescue. It is an amazing group of volunteers who save hundreds of Labs from euthanasia (or worse) every year. Since March we've taken in 10 dogs, 8 of which were puppies! All but one dog, Jed, have found forever homes. Jed has been with us since May. Someday he will find his forever home, but until then he is welcome to hang out with us.
I would encourage anybody who loves animals to consider fostering, it is a really easy way to help. Google your favorite breed along with the word "rescue" & you will find a group near you. Don't care about the breed or species?  Your local humane society is always in need of foster homes. 
Yeah, I know you're busy, so am I. It's worth it, trust me.

Caleb was home all year, no TDYs or anything. It was great to have him around. Last week he deployed & will be gone til sometime in May. The kids are doing alright with his absence since they get to talk to him via Skype a couple times a week.

Resolutions for 2011? I will work out more. P90X during the nasty weather & pick up running again when it warms up. I want to do another sprint triathlon or 2 this year. I am exhausted just thinking about it, but I need to stay active to keep up with the kids & animals. During Caleb's deployment my main objectives are to keep the sink clear of dirty dishes, keep the floors clean, & keep up with the laundry. So far, I'm a total failure! The kids & critters are still alive, so that's something, right?

That's it for now, I've gotta go walk the dogs.

No comments: